I mentioned a couple of months ago that we harvested some honey from our two beehives. Here’s a recipe we use here at 5 Ojo Inn Bed and Breakfast with our honey. We think this recipe calls for a robust flavored honey to stand up against the Granny Smith apples. Enjoy!!
Sliced Apple with Raisins, Walnuts & Honey Poppy Seed Glaze
4 medium Granny Smith apples
4 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 cup honey
2 teaspoons poppy seeds
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1/4 cup walnut pieces
1/4 cup golden raisins
- Core apples and slice into 1/4 inch pieces.
- Toss in 2 teaspoons of lemon juice.
- Combine the honey, poppy seeds, 2 teaspoons lemon juice and lemon zest in a medium bowl.
- Toss the apple slices with the honey mixture.
- Arrange the slices on a plate in a fan shape. Sprinkle with walnuts and raisins.
- Spoon on any additional honey mixture and serve.
Yield: serves 8 (depending on the size of the apples, you can get up to 12 when you use 5 slices of apple for each serving)
5 Ojo Inn Bed and Breakfast in Eureka Springs, AR