The 8th annual return of the celebration to Eureka Springs, under the direction of the Krewe of Krazo (“Krazo” is “Ozark” backwards), is gearing up to make the 2014 Eureka Gras Mardi Gras Extravaganza more spectacular than ever! This year’s theme? Circus!
This year’s events kick off today, January 11th, with the King’s Day Kick-off introducing the Royal Court for 2014 at the Rowdy Beaver Tavern, followed thereafter by a number of unique and fun events before the final, St. Liz Cajun King Cake Ball on March 4th.
That’s right, over a month of N’awlins-esque, Mardi Gras celebrations right here in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Here’s the full schedule:
- Jan 11, 5pm: Kings Day Kick-Off and Introduction of Royal Court 2014 – Rowdy Beaver
- Feb 5, 5pm: Umbrella Decorating – New Delhi
- Feb 12, 5pm: – Umbrella Decorating – New Delhi
- Feb 15, 2pm: Taste of New Orleans at Keel Creek Winery
- Feb 19, 5:30pm – Umbrella Decorating – Eureka Live
- Feb 22, 6pm: Eureka Gras Nite Parade – Downtown on Spring and Main streets
- Feb 22, 7pm: After-Parade Second Line dancing
- Feb 22, 8pm: Black Lite Ball – Voulez Vous Lounge
- Feb 27, 6pm: Hookers/Jokers Ball – Inn of Ozark Convention Center
- Feb 28, 6pm: Coronation Ball – Crescent Hotel Crystal Ball Room
- Mar 1, 2pm: Eureka Gras Day Parade – Downtown on Spring and Main streets
- Mar 1, 7pm: Beaux Arts Ball at Basin Park Hotel
- Mar 2, 11:30am: Jazz Brunch at Crescent Hotel – Bring your Umbrellas
- Mar 3, 6pm: Arti Gras Reception – Caribe Cantina – Festive Dress
- Mar 4, 6pm: St Liz Cajun King Cake Ball — Parish Hall
2014 Eureka Gras Mardi Gras Extravaganza
For more details, please visit: www.krazo.ureeka.org
Eureka Gras Lodging
We’re ready to host your stay during the Eureka Gras celebrations here at our Eureka Springs B&B. With plenty of rooms still available for when the major parades and celebrations take place, we hope you will give us the chance to make your visit to Eureka Springs the best it can be – Laissez les bon temps Rouler!